The Vintage Machine
Fancy a little trip back to the good old days?
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 American science fiction film directed by Don Siegel and starring Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter.
The story depicts an extraterrestrial invasion in a small California town. The invaders replace human beings with duplicates that appear identical on the surface but are devoid of any emotion or individuality. A local doctor uncovers what is happening and tries to stop them.
Directed by: Don Siegel
Starring: Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter
Distributed by : Allied Artists Pictures Corporation
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Chet Baker - She Was Too Good To Me (1974)
- Chesney Henry "Chet" Baker, Jr. was an American jazz trumpeter, flugelhornist and singer.
- Arranged By – Don Sebesky
- Drums – Jack DeJohnette, Steve Gadd
- Bass – Ron Carter
- Electric Piano – Bob James
- Vibraphone – Dave Friedman
- Clarinet – Romeo Penque
- Flute – George Marge, Hubert Laws
- Alto Saxophone – Paul Desmond
- Trumpet, Vocals – Chet Baker
- Arranged By – Don Sebesky
- Recorded By, Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- Produced by Creed Taylor
- Cover - Pete Turner
- Recorded at Van Gelder Studios in July, October, November 1974
- 1. Autumn Leaves (J.Kosma /J.Mercer) - 7:05
- 2. She Was Too Good To Me (Rodgers / Hart) - 4:39
- 3. Funk in Deep Freeze (Hank Mobley) - 6:06
- 4. Tangerine (J.Mercer /V.Schertzinger) - 5:29
- 5. With a Song In My Heart (Rodgers / Hart) - 4:03
- 6. What'll I Do (Irving Berlin) - 4:00
- 7. It's You or No One ( S. Cahn / J. Styne) - 4:28
Monday, August 20, 2012
The B.B.Q. Band - All Night Long (1982)
B. B. & Q. Band (which stands for the Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens Band), was a Disco Funk Band created in 1981 and disbanded in 1986.
Drums – Bernard Davis, Yogi Horton
Bass – Davide Romani, Tony Bridges
Guitar – Chieli Minucci, Ed Moore, Mike Campbell
Keyboards – Jeff Bova, Kae Williams, Steve Skinner, Mauro Malavasi
Percussion – Jimmy Maelen
Saxophone – David Tofani
Trombone – Dave Bargeron
Trumpet – John Faddis*, Marvin Stam
Backing Vocals – Alyson Williams, Benny Diggs, Bobby Douglass, Brenda White, Dennis Collins, Eric McClinton, Fonzi Thornton, Gordon Grody, Johnny Kemp, Leroy Burgess, Tawatha Agee, Zack Sanders.
Arranged By, Conductor - Mauro Malavasi
Producer, Conductor, Executive Producer – Jacques Fred Petrus
Mixed at Media Studios and Power Station, New York, NY.
1. All Night Long (Kevin Robinson) – 5:55
2. Imagination (Kae Williams) – 6:00
3. The Things We Do In Love (Kevin Robinson) – 4:58
4. Desire (Kevin Robinson, Timmy Allen) – 4:20
5. Hanging out (Johnny Kemp, Jr.*, Mauro Malavasi, Tony Bridges) – 5:10
6. Hard to Get Around (Johnny Kemp, Jr.*, Massimo Trevisi, Mauro Malavasi) – 5:15
7. (You Could Never Say) It's Over (Johnny Kemp, Jr., Mauro Malavasi) – 4:05
8. Children of the Night (Johnny Kemp, Jr., Mauro Malavasi) – 5:54
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Blow up (1966)
Blow-Up, is a 1966 film directed by Michelangelo Antonioni about a photographer, played by David Hemmings, who believes he may have witnessed a murder and unwittingly taken photographs of the killing.
Directed by: Michelangelo Antonioni
Starring: David Hemmings, Vanessa Redgrave, Sarah Miles
Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Art Garfunkel - Breakaway (1975)
Art Garfunkel is an American singer-songwriter, poet, and actor, best known as being a member of the folk duo Simon & Garfunkel.
Breakaway is his second solo album released in 1975 on Columbia Records.
Drums: Russ Kunkel, Jim Gordon, Jim Keltner, Rick Schlosser, Denny Seiwell, Roger Hawkins, John Guerin, Andrew Gold.
Bass: Joe Osborn, Reinie Press, Lee Sklar, Klaus Voorman, David Hood, Max Bennett.
Guitar: Andrew Gold, Louie Shelton, Pete Carr, Paul Simon, Stephen Bishop, Lon Van Eaton
Keyboards: Larry Knechtel, Andrew Gold, Bill Payne, Barry Beckett, Bruce Johnston, John Jarvis
Percussions: Ralph MacDonald, Joe Clayton
Background vocals: Paul Simon, Stephen Bishop, John Jarvis, Graham Nash, Toni Tennille, David Crosby, Jon Joyce, Bruce Johnston
Producers: Richard Perry, Art Garfunkel
Engineer: Brooks Arthur
String and Horn Arrangements: Del Newman, Richard Hewson.
1. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) (Stevie Wonder, Yvonne Wright) – 3:47
2. Rag Doll (Steve Eaton) – 3:03
3. Break Away (Benny Gallagher, Graham Lyle) – 3:31
4. Disney Girls (Bruce Johnston) – 4:32
5. Waters of March (Aguas de Março) (Antonio Carlos Jobim) – 3:34
6. My Little Town (Paul Simon) – 3:51
7. I Only Have Eyes For You (Al Dubin, Harry Warren) – 3:36
8. Looking For The Right One (Stephen Bishop) – 3:20
9. 99 Miles From L.A. (Albert Hammond, Hal David) – 3:29
10. The Same Old Tears On A New Background (Stephen Bishop) – 3:42
Friday, December 23, 2011
The Night of the Hunter (1955)
Directed by: Charles Laughton
Starring: Robert Mitchum, Shelley Winters
Distributed by: United Artists
Nintendo Entertainment System (1983)
The Nintendo Entertainment System is an 8-bit video game console that was released by Nintendo in 1983 (Japan).
Muscle Beach Party (1964)
Muscle Beach Party is a 1964 beach party film about Local beach-goers who find that their beach has been taken over by a businessman training a stable of body builders.
Directed by: William Asher
Starring: Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello
Distributed by: American International Pictures
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Joe Jackson - Night And Day (1982)
Joe Jackson is an English musician and singer-songwriter. Night and Day is his fifth album, released in June 1982 for A&M Records.
Joe Jackson – Organ, synthesizer, harmonica, piano, hammond organ, electric piano, alto saxophone, vocals, vibraphone, Rhodes piano
Sue Hadjopoulos – Flute, percussion, bongos, conga, timbales, vocals, xylophone, bells, orchestral bells
Graham Maby – Bass, percussion, vocals
Grace Millan – Vocals, background vocals
Ed Roynesdal – Violin, keyboards
Larry Tolfree – Percussion, drums, timbales
Ricardo Torres – Percussion, claves, bongos, cowbell
Al Weisman – Vocals, background vocals
Produced by Joe Jackson.
Recorded in NYC.
All songs were written by Joe Jackson, except where noted.
1. Another World - 3:53
2. Chinatown - 4:07
3. T.V Age (Jackson, Steve Tatler) - 3:47
4. Target - 3:48
5. Steppin' Out - 4:23
6. Breaking Us in Two - 4:53
7. Cancer - 5:58
8. Real Men - 4:04
9. A Slow Song - 7:01
Original Billboard page (1982)
Super Fly (1972)
Super Fly is a 1972 film about a black cocaine dealer called Priest who is trying to quit the underworld drug business.
Directed by: Gordon Parks, Jr.
Starring: Ron O'Neal, Sheila Frazier, Julius Harris, Charles McGregor
Distributed by: Warner Bros.
Spring Break (1983)
Spring Break is a 1983 comedy film about two sets of two college guys spending a spring break together in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. There they have lots of fun in and out of the sun.
Directed by: Sean S. Cunningham
Starring: David Knell, Steve Bassett, Perry Lang
Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)